That's Totally Okay!
May 22, 2012
Do you ever feel like sometimes you have those little quirks, moments or mishaps that you feel like you should feel weird about, but don't? ME, TOO.
So this is me telling you they're okay. And feel free to tell yourself that, too.
- that I wore only mascara makeup-wise this weekend -- and felt awesome about it.
- that I'm OBSESSED with Instagram.
- that little compliments get replayed over and over in my head.
- that I get ticked when I read posts/tweets/comments that people who have e-readers clearly don't love books as much as people who don't. nope. not true.
- that I Facebook stalk my mom.
- that the I've been daydreaming about pizza and concretes all day.
- if braiding my hair into a side-pony is what I consider "doing" my hair that day.
- if laughing with Pat is the best part of my day.
- that I wear body spray marketed to teens because it smells SO GOOD.
- that I love my friends kids so much because I've watched them grow up through blogging/Facebook that when I go shopping I honestly contemplate buying their kids presents (I'm talkin' about you Jess, Tracie, Alexis, Ruth, Heather, Heather, Meg and Jenna).
- to lust after maxi dresses even though i'm 5'2" and well, that ain't gonna happen.
- that sometimes to calm my anxiety riddled mind I talk outloud to myself in the car (because it actually helps.)
- that my sister is one of my very best friends and someone I look forward to talking to every day.
- that I can't figure out if I want to cut my bangs again, or if I want to let them grow out.
- that I can't go more than one day without chipping my nail polish.
- that I turned off Facebook updates to my phone for the past week (because a group I'm in won't. stop. updating.) and feel great about it.
- that I'm prioritizing myself.
- that my "reward pants" for being down a pants size (heck. yes! (#humblebrag)) make me do a happy dance when I put them on.
- if I really want a kitten for my birthday.
- that I looked in the mirror the other day and thought, truthfully, "wow. you're pretty." and it was awesome.
- if I'm favoring the "I'm too old for this crap" approach to my life.
- that keep looking for a chair like Pat's sister's because dang that thing was comfy to sit in.
- if I want to drink my body weight in Lemonade, but only when the sun is out.
- that I like cheesey sitcoms.
- that I have more pictures of Pat's cat on my phone than I do of myself.
- that sometimes I still don't know what's going on, and that's really really okay.
What's okay with you?
Posted by siovhan at 9:57 PM